How You Can Support Our Students, Teachers and Community
Your financial support provides critical funding for Breck's operating budget. Every gift demonstrates your commitment to Breck, and shows our students the important value we place on giving back to the community. Please join the parents, alumni, grandparents, and friends of the past who have helped provide the best possible educational environment for our students.
Below are the types of gifts that support the school and its mission:
- Breck Family Tuition Relief Fund — Philanthropic donations to this fund will support families who experienced extreme hardship as a result of COVID-19. Relief funds are used as financial aid for the 2020-2021 school year. You can learn more here.
- Annual Fund — Your tax-deductible donation to the Annual Fund makes the extraordinary Breck experience possible. Your gift supports signature community partnerships, multicultural curriculum, advanced research programs, full-time counselors and chaplains who care for our students' well-being, and the full range of curricular and co-curricular activities that engage our students. Make your gift online here.
- Endowment — Endowment gifts are invested for the long-term, creating a permanent source of funding for ongoing priorities, programs, and projects identified by the Board of Trustees. These gifts support faculty, scholarships, academic and co-curricular programs. For more information about establishing a new endowed or restricted gift, contact Heather Shiell by email or at 763.381.8343.
- Memorial and Honor Gifts — This is a meaningful way to honor or remember someone from the Breck community who has made an impact on you, your student, or the Breck community. You can make a gift by visiting the online giving form or contact Natalie Washnieski by email or at 763.381.8207.
- Planned Giving — Planned gifts provide general and endowment support to Breck through individuals’ wills and estate plans. Contact Heather Shiell by email or at 763.381.8208.
Ways to Give:
Below are ways to make a gift to Breck School:
- Online — You can make a secure, online gift at any time. It’s simple, fast, and convenient. To make an online gift click here.
- Checks — Please make your check payable to Breck School, include on the memo line on your check the words “Annual Fund,” and mail your check to: 123 Ottawa Avenue North, Golden Valley, MN 55422.
- Phone in a gift — Please contact Natalie Washnieski at 763.381.8207 and she will be happy to assist you in making a gift.
- Stock — Breck accepts stock gifts. For instructions on how to make a stock gift to Breck, click here. Please make sure you notify Breck that you have initiated a stock transaction. Contact Natalie Washnieski by email or at 763.381.8207.
- Recurring Gift — To make a recurring gift (e.g., monthly or quarterly) to Breck click here, or contact Natalie Washnieski by email or at 763.381.8207.
- Matching Gift — Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy that will benefit Breck, visit this link.
Designated gifts to the following initiatives help guide Breck's strategic direction, ensuring transformational innovation and growth. Donations of $25,000 or more may be directed to the following priorities:
- Peter Clark Center for Mind, Brain, and Education — The school’s most recent cutting-edge program brings the latest mind, brain, and education research to every classroom, and every Breck student.
- Increasing Faculty Diversity — Breck is committed to implementing many strategies to increase faculty diversity, to better mirror the diversity of our student body, and the world we live in.
- Financial Assistance — Breck has a long standing tradition of providing access to students who would otherwise be unable to have a Breck education, ensuring the economic, geographic, and racial diversity that makes the Breck community so strong.
- Faculty Professional Development — If a school is only as strong as its teachers then one of our wisest investments is in faculty professional development; from summer grants, and visits to schools across the country, to sabbaticals, we make sure our faculty keeps learning and growing.