Welcome to our Wellness Website for Students and Families. This site is meant to serve as a resource for you and your families with helpful tips and information. It will be an archival page of the weekly wellbeing resources that are sent as a part of the Breck Bulletin.
At Breck, our common purpose is the learning, growth, and development of every child. We also know that learning happens best in an environment of care and challenge. Therefore, in addition to our comprehensive distance learning plans and academic curriculum, we have provided an archival resource for families that includes our Chapel gatherings, as well as wellbeing resources, during the COVID-19 outbreak. Thank you for visiting our site.
Finding Gratitude in your Life
Breck Counselors offered this week's video reflection on Finding Gratitude in your life. This video first appeared in the April 9 Bulletin Board email.
Resources to support your family
The below sites are helpful resources for families looking for support regarding travel or talking to children about this virus.
Talking with your children about this virus:
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the new Coronavirus (NPR)
Preparing your Home:
- American Chemistry: Cleaning Products
- Preparing your Home for COVID-19 (CDC)
- Resources for Households (CDC)
- Coronavirus and Parenting (NPR)
- What are the Rules for Play Dates and Coronavirus (NYT)
- Parenting During COVID-19 (Psychology Today)
- 12 Ways to Effectively Parent during Crisis (Psychology Today)
- Virtual Museum Tours (Travel and Leisure)
Stress and anxiety in the time of COVID-19 (recorded 3/11/20) (Harvard University)