Distinguished Alumni Award
2017 Distinguished Alumnae
The 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award will be presented to Jennifer Solotaroff, PhD '86 and Rachel Solotaroff, MD '88 at a ceremony on September 14 as part of the 2017 Homecoming festivities.
The Distinguished Alumni Award is presented annually to the alumnus or alumna who has distinguished him or herself in career accomplishments and community leadership.
Selection of a Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna of Breck School will be based on the candidate’s qualifications in the following areas:
- Models perpetual learning. Demonstrated efforts to increase his/her knowledge in his/her chosen field, earned graduate degrees or completed significant coursework, provided leadership in seminars or teaching, engaged in other professional development activities.
- Reflects positively on Breck by achieving career distinction. Received awards or other recognition by professional peers, served on government or professional association boards, published papers or other work, been profiled in professional publications.
- Recommits to teamwork and collaboration. Has made/is making a significant contribution to his/her field as marked by leadership positions, publications, innovation or invention adopted by others in the field or general public.
- Reconnects with his/her community. Gives back to the general community as a volunteer.
- Reemphasizes character and ethical values. Is a positive role model for others.