Lower School Administrative Assistant
TITLE: Lower School Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Lower School Division Director
HOURS: 7:30-4:00 PM
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2018
The administrative assistant in the Lower School provides administrative support for the Lower School Director and Lower School Dean(s) in a manner that facilitates the efficient performance of their responsibilities, performs duties that contribute to the effective operation of the Lower School office, and meet the needs of students, parents, and faculty in a manner that helps achieve the desired educational mission of Breck School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Anticipates, responds to, and provides administrative support for the Lower School Director and Dean.
- Facilitates all internal/external communication (phone calls, email, verbal/written messages) to and from the Lower School office in a manner that is professional, timely, and complete.
- Maintains the appointment/daily calendar for Lower School administrators and for the Division.
- Drafts memos, letters, reports, meeting notes, and admissions lists and reviews completed work for accuracy.
- Schedules conferences and meetings for Lower School Director and Dean(s), including arranging for faculty and parent attendance and classroom coverage.
- Handles faculty and student absences including; maintaining accurate records, providing attendance information for the health center and Extended Day, and following up with parents as needed.
- Coordinates substitute teachers including; keeping track of ReadySub, calling for substitutes when emergencies/special needs arise, providing Division information for substitutes, managing paperwork relating to substitute needs.
- Assists students with patience, kindness, and compassion.
- Collaborates with the part-time office assistant to maintain efficient operations in the Lower School office.
- Serves as an ambassador for Breck School by providing a welcoming tone for parents/visitors and setting a positive tone in the Lower School office.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple demands with many interruptions, while still accomplishing job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates proficiency with current technologies and the ability to learn/use new systems and programs.
- Assists with the coordination of special events including; catering, securing rooms, managing details, and working with outside vendors.
- Handles emergency situations while remaining calm and steady under pressure.
- Maintains an attitude that is flexible, open to learning, and responsive to change.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems and make decisions in a timely manner, using resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Recognizes and protects the confidential nature of information in the Lower School office.
- Attends to responsibilities and contributes to the office environment with a respectful, professional demeanor.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Previous office experience required
- Is highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Demonstrates initiative and a conscientious work ethic.
- Contributes to effective team relationships.
- Handles conflict with sensitivity.
- Uses feedback for growth.
- Shows commitment to the Breck School community.
Submit letter of interest, resume, and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.