Student Philanthropy Grants awarded
Each year, nearly $1,000 is raised through the collection of Box Tops for Education. These funds are used within the school to give grants to students in grades 4-10 with philanthropic aspirations. Funds can be used as direct donations to nonprofit organizations of-interest to them or as seed money for a philanthropic project.
This year’s award winners and their projects include:
- Cheney Parkhill '25 was awarded $150. The grant will be used to create homemade candles, which will then be sold. All proceeds will be donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Meredith Hasbritt '25, Maiya Garcia '25, Amilia Hinck '25, Luci Montgomery Baker '25, Elli Zakrajsheck '25 received a $200 grant. The award will be used to support the production and sale of bath bombs and scrubs. All proceeds will be donated to the Special Olympics of Minnesota: Unified Sports.
- Annie Grossman '26 received a $100 grant. She plans to make tie blankets for patients at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Esme Gulbransen '25, Peyton Vincent '25, and Avery Lampe '25 received a $100 grant. They plan to use the award as seed money in order to produce homemade baked goods to sell. All proceeds support the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Ellie Weinstein '22 and Gabrielle Johanssen '22 were awarded $150. They plan to make care packs for children and families at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Philip Ahrens '20 received a $100 grant. He plans to educate the Breck community about the River House Friends in Thailand and will determine a good use for the funds as students prepare for the upcoming trip to Thailand.
- Philip Fauver '26 was awarded a $150 grant. Philip plans to research residents' technology needs at Colonial Acres Senior Home and use the grant to purchase electronic books or music.
- Maddie Casad '26 and Charlotte Wilcox '26 received a $50 grant. They will provide craft supplies and lead a craft activity for residents at the Sunrise Senior Home.
If you have Box Tops at home, please send them to Nan Zosel, Lower School Chaplain. Donations are collected throughout the year but redeemed annually in mid-February.