My Breck Story: Six Points from a Sixth Grader
“What I like about Breck:
- I've been at Breck since pre-kindergarten. From what I've seen there is not a lot of bullying and when there is, it is stopped.
- Uniforms keep it easy to get ready in the morning, and the non-uniform days make a nice "reward" for the hard schoolwork.
- All the teachers are really nice. When you ask for help from a teacher, you will get it. The teacher will help you understand the problem and keep helping you until you get it. They will help you explore your interests.
- Having Breck go from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade allows you to interact between grades while not losing someone unless they leave Breck. For example, you grow a connection with your senior buddy(ies) when you're in first grade.
- I like Breck a lot because there are a lot of fun, hands on projects such as the Solar Sprint, Rocket Day, and the State and Hero-Shero projects. Other projects that are fun are the Travel Project and the D.C. Reports.
- The extracurricular/trips outside of school are fun. This year I participated in the new flag football program for 5th and 6th graders. Other fun middle school programs/trips are Awareness Day and Ski Day.
To me, all of these points show why I believe Breck is a fun school.”
— Will, Class of '23