We've created a list of mentor expectations along with a timeline.
- Attend New Family Dinner in the spring
- Familiarize yourself with appropriate handbook/s and mentor materials
- Meet with mentee family twice in summer (if possible)
- Communicate regularly with mentee family during the school year
- Contact mentee family prior to New Family Dinner
- Attend New Family Dinner
- Exchange contact information with mentee family
- Get together with mentee family (solo or in group)
- If you will be gone most of summer, plan meeting before or after you return.
- Check in with mentee family
- Offer to attend New Student Orientation
- Offer to tour school with family, help find lockers, etc.
- Communicate regularly with your mentee family (once a month), as suggested by your New Family Chair (who will email you regularly).
- Be available to answer questions/address concerns