Breck’s three libraries, one for each division, are fully equipped for digital-age learning.
To that end, the aims of the Library Department are as follows:
- Prepare students to become effective and ethical users of ideas and information.
- Integrate information literacy skills into the core curriculum areas through cooperative efforts between teachers and media specialists for grades P-12.
- Instill in each student an appreciation of literature and a love of reading.
- Provide environments that promote concurrent opportunities in teaching, quiet study, cooperative learning experiences, and enjoyment of literature.
- Provide a rich and diverse collection of media materials that support a multicultural, gender-fair, ability-sensitive, and college-preparatory curriculum.
- Support and enhance school-wide curriculum with resources, collaboration, and team teaching.
- Promote outside liaisons and networks that supplement resources and enhance the curriculum.
- Deliver a curriculum that is process oriented, developmentally appropriate, differentiated, and supportive of the mission of the school.
Summer Reading Lists
The Lower School Library will be closed this summer for a renovation project. Mrs. Jones has made some great recommendations for other places you can check out great books! Click here to access the Lower School Library webpage. And watch for a summer reading list in a mailing from your grade-level teachers.
The Middle School Library staff has created a webpage listing the required summer reading books. Click here to access that webpage.
Click here to download a PDF of the summer reading list.
Click here to access the Upper School summer reading list.