How You Can Support Our Students, Teachers and Community
Like all independent schools, Breck depends upon the generosity of our community to sustain and advance the mission of the school. Over the years, parents, alumni, grandparents and friends have helped provide the best possible educational environment for our students and faculty.
Breck’s Advancement team has developed comprehensive fundraising programs that provide opportunities for every member of our community to make a difference:
- Annual Fund - The annual giving program provides the essential unrestricted dollars that enhance the educational experience at Breck. Make your gift online here.
- Matching Gifts - Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy that will benefit Breck School, visit this link.
- Campaigns - Breck identifies larger-scale needs for the school and to fund those efforts, we often enter into a campaign. Breck currently is engaged in the Meeting the World campaign. Learn more here.
- Endowment - Endowment gifts are are invested for the long-term, creating a permanent source of funding for ongoing priorities, programs and projects identified by the Board of Trustees.
- Planned Giving - Planned gifts provide general and endowment support to Breck through individuals’ wills and estate plans.
- Events - Planned social events for the community provide an opportunity to showcase the school’s excellent programs while raising funds for specific needs.
Here are ways to make a tax-deductible gift to Breck School:
- Check. Please make checks payable to Breck School and send to: 123 Ottawa Avenue North, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- Credit Card. Breck accepts donations charged to VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities. If you give appreciated securities to Breck, there are two benefits. First, you avoid paying capital gains taxes on the amount of the appreciation. Second, you can still deduct the full amount of the current value of the stock as a charitable income tax donation. If you cannot use all of the deduction in the year you make the gift; you may carry over the deduction for an additional five years.
Please note: you must have owned the securities for at least one year.
For information, please call the Advancement office at 763-381-8184, or email Pam Kroyer.
To make a gift of stock, please have your broker contact:
RBC Wealth Management
60 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Austin Balm at 612-371-2716 or
Cinda Collins at 612-371-7294
Breck School Account: 30140489
Breck School Tax ID Number: 41-0693894
In addition, please inform Breck of the name of the stock, the number of shares and whether the gift is for the Annual Fund or for another purpose. You or your broker may contact Barbara Hedensten at 763-381-8129.