Ice Arena Assistant Manager
Title: Assistant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Arena Manager
Hours: Determined with Arena Manager
Effective Date: July 2017
Primary function of this position is to provide the Arena Manager assistance in overseeing the daily functioning of the ice arena in a manner that facilitates efficient operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of ice arena while on duty.
- Operates the Zamboni ice resurfacer and complies with all related rules and safety regulation requirements.
- Operates all maintenance related equipment.
- Performs skate sharpening duties and complies with all related safety requirements.
- Provides quality customer service and effectively communicates with clients
- Supervises arena staff which include rink attendants and Facility Technician, in absence of Arena Manager.
- Assists in bookkeeping duties for the Ice Arena in a manner that facilitates timely, accurate records as required by the Ice Arena Manager and Breck School Business Office.
- Assists in scheduling available surplus ice time.
- Participates in event planning, which includes coordinating room setup and interfacing between the Athletic Office, Development office, catering and small group meetings.
- Performs opening and closing building requirements while on duty.
- Assists Arena Manager in working closely with the Athletic Director, Breck hockey coaches, Phy-ed department and Upper School Dean of Students when facilitating student activities.
- Provides backup support and resources for the arena staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
• Knowledge of the operation of an ice arena.
• Knowledge of the janitorial duties required to maintain an ice arena.
• Ability to follow directives and enforce school policy.
• Ability to safely operate a Zamboni ice resurfacer and comply with all related rules and regulation requirements.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on a timely basis.
• Ability to effectively communicate courteously and professionally with students, clients, and co-workers.
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Previous ice arena experience required
- Previous ice arena management experience preferred
- College degree preferred
Send resume, letter of interest and salary history to: email@example.com